Thrumster Railway Station was restored in 2011 by Yarrows Heritage Trust this station building was part of the Wick - Lybster light railway. Built in 1903, it was one of five intermediate stations on the line. It found a new use as a post office since the closure of the line in 1943, and this saved the building from becoming derelict.
The Trust bought the station and a small area of ground in front. This area was planned using paintings provided by children from Thrumster Primary School in an art competition. Almost every child included a length of rail in their artwork, and a local firm provided this. The platform was reinstated, and some memorabilia of the station was donated by different local people, including the original sign.